Sunday, July 05, 2009

Perhaps road trips are not for those with ADD?

I wrote this this morning in Pigeon Forge, but the internet there wasn't great, so I'm only posting it now. Hooray for HoJo Savannah and being out of the car after such a long drive!! :D

-------

So, it's Sunday morning, July the 5th, and we're just getting up and getting going. I should really be packing up my stuff right now because we're to check out in about 25 minutes, but that's okay, I'm feeling lazy. Alaine wrote about the white water rafting and all that fun stuff (and it really was fun), and she also told me that I need to post, so that's what I'm doing. Oh, while white water rafting, I was sitting in the back with the guide, and because there was no “bench” there, there wasn't really a proper way to lock yourself in, thus, I almost tossed myself out to join the swim team about 5 times. Quite funny. Also, I can now say that Obama has saved me. :) Later on, when it was a quiet spot on the river, he encouraged all the first timers to jump out and swim, so I did, which was fun. Getting in was less fun – the way to get someone in is by pulling them up by their life vests and falling backward and pulling them over you – so it's very awkward to end up with your face in the lap of a man you don't know. >_>


Anyway, last night, after swimming and showering and all that goodness, we went to this little Mexican restaurant called El Paso, which had DELICIOUS food and huge portions and great décor, and we were very happy with our choice of food venue. Then we came back to the hotel and fought with the internet some more, because it seriously sucks. Then we decided to go into Pigeon Forge for the fireworks, but we didn't really know where we were going, so we just sort of followed the crowd a bit. Turns out that the haze and low cloud ceiling made the fireworks not so great anyway, but we got a few pictures and decided to beat it out of there before the mad rush.


Also, Pigeon Forge is like a mini-vegas, minus the casinos. It's all neon lights and “look at me” attractions, and there are lots of go-carts and mini golf and family friendly things to do, but it is too bright for my liking. There is a place called Wonderworld (the picture of the upside-down building) that we might stop at this afternoon after we chuck ourselves down a hill in a human hamster ball and before we head out to Savannah [which is another 6 hour or so drive]).


So anyway, the internet is again sucking, but I'll try to post this sometime today at a wifi spot, along with some pictures. I don't really do videos though. I have one, but Alaine's mostly taking care of those.


Uh oh, only 11 minutes to check out now. Kbye!



Oh, P.S. It is my official opinion that both North Korea and Sarah Palin suck. Ok, pictures!




The bright lights of Pigeon Forge, as viewed driving by.

The quieter lights of Sevierville, where our hotel was.


This crazy cool place called Wonderworld. And no, I did not take it upside-down.

Lame fireworks, and streetlights.

Alaine greeting the statue of a cow at our hotel. It was good to be out of the car and not setting up camp. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment