Monday, June 28, 2010

L.L. Beangomery

Today we wandered around through North Rustico, Cavendish, Kensington, and back home, stopping at Mill's SomethingorOther to eat dinner (seafood chowda was awesome), and also visiting the farm where L.M. Montgomery lived and wrote. We even walked to the post office from where she secretly mailed her manuscripts. Even in the rain, it was really beautiful country, and her house was so tiny!

Mom soaked up all the rain with her pant-cuffs though, and we got cold, so after dinner we all cuddled on the couch and watched Distric 9 with cake. Everything is better with cake-- apart from some kind of illness. We ALMOST went to a ceilidh down the road, but we were tired and chilly from our adventuring, so we enjoyed spending the night inside where it was cozy. Also, they're having the same fiddler on Wednesday, so we have a second chance for being cultured.

We rain-checked our kayaking trip for tonight, and we're hoping it will be clear tomorrow evening for our digging for clams and clam bake on the beach. I've spoken with Paul, the guide, on the phone twice, and he is SURLY. I hope he makes up for it by being attractive. I also hope that since we are an odd number, that I don't get stuck with him. He has only two-person kayaks.

P.S. The ravenbeasts didn't wake me up this morning. :) YAY SLEEP.

OH P.S.2 We went to the drive-in movie theater last night, and it was super fun. They had a three-movie showing, but it started at 9.20, so we only made it through Diary of A Wimpy Kid, haha. We wanted to see the A-Team, but we didn't think we could sit through Knight and Day. Sad trombone.

Yes, I know it's sideways. No, I couldn't figure out how to flip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment