We leave for Prince Edward Island in TWO days, and I haven't even written a list of what to pack, much less imagined possible scenarios in which I will need my two-inch heels. What if I meet a tall Canadian man? What if I get stuck in the mud while on a meandering walk (all too possible, since Springs are very wet up there) and I need rope to pull myself to safety by cleverly lassoing a tree while the locals applaud my ingenuity?
I tend to over-pack.
To forestall this, however, I purchased a small suitcase. Go me!
Now I have to figure out how to fit everything I need into it.
Pictures will probably ensue.
I think the aspect I'm most excited about is the temperature. Not only do they gauge in centigrade (leaving me clueless as to how to dress), but when I finally figured out how to convert from Metric to English, it's not going to be above 70 degrees pretty much the entire week we're there. This. Is. Sparta. And by Sparta I mean bliss. It's currently the temperature of a baby wallaby's fever dream here, and just as sweaty. I imagine leisurely bike rides along this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederation_Trail
with the smell of the gulf in my nostrils, and the sand of the island singing under my wheels. The count-down to awesome has begun.
No comments:
Post a Comment