Saturday, July 03, 2010

Bottle of Red, Bottle of White, Whateva Kinda Mood You In Tonight

Our last (sniff) day on PEI we decided to spend as gallically as we could, and went to Rossignol Winery. SUCH a beautiful location, right by the sea (or the gulf rather) on the southeastern shore. They make amazingly varied fruit wines, and the second white wine in my life that I have ever liked. I got some island blueberry wine, and an acadian white. I am so excited and also sad, because I only have one bottle of each. Curse you, customs!
I would have thrown out all of my clothes and filled my suitcase if I thought I could have got away with it. :-/

Internal post script: I was wandering around the winery and took several self-portraits. <_< Haters gonna hate. I think they look cute!

After we passed an exceedingly pleasant morning at Rossignol, we decided to attempt dining at the Dunes one more time before left, and boy, was that ever a good idea. I'm really not kidding when I talk about how good the food is there.
Dad got a smokey black bean soup that put him into a state of nirvana, and mom got a portabello burger, and I got a PEI turkey w/bacon burger that came with this interesting artichoke/almond/lemon salad. SO interestingly good. I om-nommed like a superstar. The Dunes doesn't look very impressive from the front, but in the back they had a beautiful little flower garden with island-crafted furniture for sale. And even further behind the flower garden, they had their herb and vegetable garden for the restaurant. I know, awesome, right?

I was so depressed we had to leave that I refused to talk to anyone until we got to Toronto. If I still have a job next year, I'm going to see if I can go back to PEI. It's my most favourite place I've ever been, and there's so much I still want to do. It feels unfinished. I'd love to go in the fall.

The pics:





















No comments:

Post a Comment